Latest News ... Pension Payments from April 2013

View the latest CSP Pensioner newsletter for April 2013 (PDF, 257KB)

This section of the website is for people who are receiving a Civil Service pension - retired civil servants, dependants of former CSP members (husband, wife, civil partner or child) or people who have been awarded a pension on divorcing, or dissolving a civil partnership with, a former CSP member.

Civil Service pensions are usually paid monthly, directly into your bank account, and are taxable. You will get a P60 after the end of each tax year, showing you the amount of pension paid and tax deducted during the year.

Pension Payments from April 2013: Like all public sector pensions yours has been reviewed this year in line with the cost of living.  The Government said in 2010 that it would in future be using the Consumers Price Index (CPI) for price indexation of, among other things, public service pensions.  Indexation had previously been based on the percentage rise in the Retail Price Index (RPI - all items).

For the year beginning 8 April 2013 the increase is 2.2%, based on the increase in the CPI.

Information about the background to the Government’s introduction of CPI for public service pensions can be found on the Civil Service Website

If you have any tax queries, you should address them with the tax office dealing with your pension: Civil Service Pensions, HMRC, Customer Operations, PO 4000, Cardiff, CF14 8HR. Tel. 0845 300 0627.

If you change any of your personal details, such as your address, the bank/building society account your pension is paid into, name or marital status, you must contact us to ensure you continue to receive your pension. You can change some of your personal details (including name and address) and view your Payslips and P60s using My Pension Online.

Moving abroad: You can continue to receive your Civil Service Pension overseas, further details are available here.

State benefits: You may also get a pension from the State - more information is available from The Pension Service.